History Repeating

We all know that age-old saying. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Unfortunately, I appear to have done this. Your friends will love you enough to tell you when it's time to get help. After a while, they tell you by ignoring you.

Not naming names here. In 2005, I went through a rough time with anxiety and depression. I was a bit needy and vented a lot. It got to a point where one of my friends decided to cut me off or put me in a timeout. However you want to categorize it, this person decided they were done with me for a time. I ended up seeking help. My friend and I eventually reconnected and slowly but surely rebuilt our relationship. I'm happy to say we are the best of friends to this day.

This year has been a terrible year for me in regards to anxiety and depression. No details here. The point is I forgot that some friends (not the same person as last time) can only do so much for you before they put you in a timeout. That's on me. Now it's my turn to help myself again.

I don't know what happens from here. Either way the outcome will be the correct one. We'll remain friends or we won't. Either way, it's meant to be. 

Happy Holidays! There's to a more stable and more fruitful 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 350

What I Choose To Become

A Message to Incoming College Freshmen