The Mother Sucks! (and so does this season)

Okay, this is long overdue, but I have to get this off my chest. Here goes…
The Mother. It doesn’t work for me. I’m not a Broadway buff. I have no prior knowledge of this person. I’m sure Cristin Milioti is an excellent actor, and this is not a knock on her personally, but she is not “it” for me. I am deeply disappointed.
For nine years, they have built this tremendous cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers. They needed to pay it off in the biggest way possible. They needed to secure an attractive, big name actor to be the ultimate woman. They needed someone who blows Ted’s mind AND somehow puts up with his quirks when no one else on the show can.
Most importantly, they needed to get someone who EVERYBODY knows!! They needed one of the following: a classic TV star (i.e. Soleil Moon Frye), a current film star (i.e. Kristen Stewart), an ALMOST current film star (i.e. Charlize Theron or Jessica Biel), or a semi-current TV star who is available (i.e.Jamie Pressly).
They needed to provide the “Wow Factor.” Heck, they could have signed Jennifer Love Hewitt.
We got none of the above. We got ‘…huh? That’s IT!!...’
Plus, from what I’ve seen so far, she has NO personality. Yeah, she plays bass. Someone who plays bass is not as vanilla as she appears to be. Call it inconsistent character development. She needs to have a little spark to her. I can see Robin playing bass. I can’t see The Mother playing bass.
They needed to hit a home run. They failed.
To top it off, this season sucks, too. Horrible choice of storytelling. Nobody has the patience for it these days. The ratings will be in the garbage by mid-March. In hindsight, they should have just done the wedding in episode one and brought us a season-long romance, with Ted proposing to The Mother in the series finale.
This is the most anti-climactic finish to a series in recent memory. What’s the point of watching if we already know how it’s going to end?
Finally, I dare ask the following question: Why are Ted’s kids still listening to this story nine years later?!? Shouldn’t they be playing Candy Crush or texting somebody by now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Choose To Become

Day 350

Waiting For That First Check