No, CPU. *I* am booking this crap!

In an effort to maximize my video game entertainment dollar, I am skipping the PS4 and focusing on the one gaming device I have left: The Original Wii. I am not a fan of the Wii controller, so I decided to buy games that utilize the "classic controller" that look and feel similar to the one that PlayStation uses.

I bought Madden 12 a while back for my football fix, and just recently bought WWE '12 to satisfy my wrestling fix. Here's the thing. When I play wrestling games, I have to be the ultimate booker. I'm changed some of the lame-ass WWE PPV names. I'm bringing back Backlash, No Mercy, and even Clash of Champions for early October.

I'm fine with letting the CPU pick the winners, but I choose what the matches are and who turns face/heel. I have a system for what matches go on each show and each PPV (i.e. Superstars features divas, midcarders and cruiserweights, including 190-lb. Daniel Bryan, while RAW and Smackdown feature tag teams and main eventers). I have a plan for everybody. Nevermind that the CPU let William Regal upset Triple H in what was supposed to be a squash match.

I unified the major titles at WrestleMania, pitted John Cena vs. Undertaker and let the CPU decide the winner (Undertaker won). That's fine with me! Away I go booking April matches, which is supposed to culminate with Backlash where Taker defends against Randy Orton and Brock was to get Triple H in a No-DQ match, until Regal beat him. Now, I'm like a real wrestling creative team member trying to scramble to find another opponent for Lesnar, LOL.

Well, it appears the CPU has inadvertently solved that problem for me! I get to the 3rd RAW of April and the CPU has auto-booked a weird tag team match where Cena teams with The Miz to face Rey Mysterio and a mystery partner. I do have the option of changing it, but I'm curious as to what this Wii brain has in mind. I let it go. Out comes Big Show, whom I previously put in a tag team with Kane and were supposed to face Wade Barrett and Chris Masters for the tag titles in the main event that very night!! (I know, it sounds weird, just play along LOL...) So, guess what CPU books? Cena TURNS HEEL!! Yes, wrestling fans. He waffles Rey Rey with a chair after the match.

John Cena is now a heel. Now, I have a whole new can of worms! I can book him with Lesnar, put him over to make him look like a super-heel, then have him destroy Mysterio at Judgement Day and line him up for a rematch with Taker at SummerSlam. I can create a super "nWo-type" stable with Cena as the lead dog. Thanks, CPU.

Oh, and my tag team of Barrett and Masters is no more as they lost to R-Truth and John Morrison, who "subbed" for Kane and Big Show. Masters then turned on Barrrett. So, now I have to make Barrett a face, *but* I can slowly build him up to where he feuds with heel Cena down the line.

I do have my own character, Brian Justice, where I control myself. I'm a former heel manager-turned-babyface cruiserweight, a la DDP. I plan on training, saying my prayers and taking my vitamins so I can move up in class and become a big-time star in a few years.

No, I'm perfectly well. Why do you ask? :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Choose To Become

Day 350

Waiting For That First Check